Every class is interactive, dynamic and fun. Learning is NOT simply classroom style lecture. Classes are also experiential. These classes focus on practical tools, workplace value and inspired motivation.
Class Descriptions and Outcomes
Hiring Right The First Time Pt 1 & 2
How to drastically reduce turnover and fill your agency with high performing workers
This two day class is a hands-on workshop to help you streamline your PSAP’s hiring process in order to efficiently screen, process and hire high performing, great attitude, team players. The process focuses on 911 Operators and Dispatchers, however the process works for any position you need to hire for.
- Reduce turnover by as much as 90% (according to industry statistics)
- Learn behavioral interviewing and why it is far superior to how you interview now
- Define the 5 critical behaviors every Dispatcher must have to be successful
- Solve the problem of not having enough candidates apply – learn how to get tons of qualified applicants
Working With The Millennial Generation
Overcome communication, work-ethic and technology barriers
In this Working with the Millennial Generation Workshop participant learn the defining overall characteristics of the four main generations in the workplace: Traditionalists, Baby Boomers, Gen Xers and the Millennial Generation. Participants engage in a series of experiential challenges and work simulation activities that teach how to communicate and manage team dynamics across all levels, with a special focus on the Millennials. Key takeaways are appreciation differences, valuing diversity, enhanced communication and strengthened teamwork.
- Identify which generation co-workers come from and defining characteristics of each generation
- Learn how to use Keep, Stop, Start communication model when giving feedback
- Use the three keys to working effectively with the Millennial generation
- Understand how to work effectively with members from each generation
Re-Energizing The Trainer’s Passion
Re-ignite your enthusiasm and engagement for investing in others in the workplace
Working in a 911 Communication’s center is a difficult job – and it can take a toll. This class helps you to re-engage with your passion for making a significant difference in the world through the work you do and the people you train. Learn techniques to reduce burnout and increase your passion.
- Understand the key reasons why trainers get burned out at work and avoid it happening to you
- Learn how to stop stressing about things you can’t control by focusing on the things you can control
- Gain insights on how to deal positively with burnout, apathy, frustration and being overly critical
- Reconnect with your passion to make a genuine difference and positively influence others
Team Building Classes
Stop Workplace Drama And Build Authentic Teamwork
Develop trust, teamwork and togetherness among co-workers
Learn ways to stop the drama and build meaningful relationships with workmates on your shift. During this interactive, fun class you will experience several team building challenges which build trust, strengthen camaraderie and instigate insights to forge high performance teams.
- Remove roadblocks and transform your shift into a results driven, high performance team
- Build teamwork and trust one individual at a time
- Gain insights on how to work with difficult personalities
- Gossip is workplace cancer – learn one very powerful technique to stop it from getting to you
Understanding The Personalities You Work With
Create breakthroughs with everyone on your shift through personality insights
Discover your personality style using the DiSC Personality Workplace Assessment and gain clarity on why you think and act differently than your co-workers. Learn the communication preferences for each style and how to communicate with different personalities so things get done.
- Find out why others misunderstand you and learn one simple adjustment to clear the mix-ups
- Learn about your personality and expand your potential
- Strengthen your relationships by improving communication and understanding
- Discover clues to “quick-read” other’s personalities
Simple Ways To Resolve Conflict At Work
Learn proven and fast strategies to clear out co-worker quarrels
Discover a very fast, very easy strategy to resolve conflict in 5 minutes or less. Acquire tools to quickly deal with conflict well before it becomes toxic. Learn what to look for to determine if you even need to confront someone or if avoiding is the most productive approach.
- Learn the one question to ask to determine if confrontation is even needed
- Discover the strengths and weaknesses of how each personality handles conflict
- Practice a fast, easy approach to resolve conflict in 5 minutes or less
- Reduce tension in your workplace by getting along with even the most difficult people
Manage Up: Impress Management With Your Ideas
Speak their language, secure their buy-in and get stuff done
This course focuses on how to communicate your ideas so they get fair consideration – not only from management, but from anyone. Learn specific steps and strategies to position your suggestions, avoid common mistakes and secure the results you want to see in your agency.
- There’s a reason management isn’t doing what you want – learn what it is
- Discover how management thinks and why thinking like they do produces the results you want
- Learn the influence the influencer strategy to achieve essential breakthroughs
- Avoid common communication pitfalls to keep your ideas from getting whacked
Build A High Performance Team For Your Agency
Tips, tools and techniques for building up and unleashing a get-it-done with excellence dream team
Get the tools to build a team that rocks. Learn how to motivate others on your shift to inspire their best performance. This course is full of tips to help you overcome negativity and apathy and stir your co-workers to come to work ready to go and give it their all.
- Refreshes and reinforces key insights on personalities from previous team building training
- Build camaraderie, develop trust and strengthen dedication from your teammates
- Receive encouragement and helpful insights from other agencies
- Build a network of colleagues to lend a hand when you need an outside, objective resource
Developing Managers Classes
Building Rapport With Trainees And Co-Workers
Learn strategies to instantly connect with others and eliminate communication barriers
In this course you will learn how to build rapport with trainees and others very quickly. Learn how to read body language, how to adjust your training style to match the three different types of learning orientations and how to listen and communicate with effectiveness. This training incorporates experiential activities to support the core material and is fun and interactive.
- Take an assessment of your learning style: are you an Auditory, Visual or a Kinesthetic learner?
- Learn key techniques to build rapport instantly with trainees and co-workers
- Discover how to “quick read” people’s personalities to strengthen communication
- Explore strategies to get the most out of trainees and keep them motivated and growing fast
How To Train, Delegate And Coach With Excellence
: In this class you will learn successful methods on how to train, delegate and coach with excellence. Learn how to break through communication barriers with trainees by understanding their learning styles. Learn how to coach others so they respect you and buy-in to self-improvement. Learn how to delegate (not dump) tasks so when tasks are taken on they are done with excellence.
- Assess which of the 3 learning styles is your preferred way to learn
- Learn what makes a great coach and how to coach with excellence
- Discover how delegation can be used to empower others and create a leadership development factory
- Experience the most effective training style to get trainees to learn fast and gain skills
Positive Discipline Strategies For Difficult Employees
Learn tactics that work to deal with your most toxic employees
Probably the most challenging and frustrating thing about work is when you have to work with a difficult person. This class gives you tools to manage those people so they stop spreading their toxic attitude and bringing other’s down.
- Determine the real reason employees under perform (hint: it’s only one of 3 possibilities)
- Learn the only 4 things you can do with someone who has a toxic, negative attitude
- Tips on getting management and Human Resources on board when termination is the only answer
- Learn how to win over those employees who are influenced by toxic employees and get them positively focused and productive
Managing Employee Performance
Get the most from your employees by understanding and empowering what motivates them
This class gives you practical tools to motivate employees and lead them to increased performance. Grow your skills as a Manager through fun, interactive training activities and insightful discussion on best practices for performance reviews, goal setting and managing according to personality styles.
- Learn the 4 personality styles and how to vary your management approach accordingly
- Maximize employee performance through SMART goal setting
- Deepen your skills in building trust and inspiring performance with your employees
- Tips on engaging employees in planning to ensure complete buy-in